- Prof. Koo presented his research talk in the 33rd Sorak Conference
- posted 2020-07-02 23:25:28 by Admin
- Attachments : 설악학회발표-3.jpg 설악학회발표-4.jpg
- Ectopic Odorant Receptor's Lab Group Photo
- posted 2020-04-08 09:57:36 by Admin
- Handsome Ladies & Men~~
- Attachments : 연구실 단체사진-1.jpg
- Congratulation on “A pathogen derived metabolite induces microglial activation via odorant receptors” published in FEBS J.
- posted 2020-04-06 15:25:33 by Admin
Congratulation on “A pathogen‐derived metabolite induces microglial activation via odorant receptors” published in FEBS J. Click
Streptococcus pneumoniae is the most common causative pathogen of meningitis, and induces brain inflammatory responses through microglial activation. Here, 2-pentylfuran, small metabolites secreted by S. pneumoniae, is identified, interacts with microglial odorant receptors, Olfr110 and Olfr111, and induces microglial activation, such as chemotaxis, cytokine production, phagocytosis, and ROS generation. A novel interplay between the pathogenic metabolite and odorant receptor implicates an alternative sensing strategy of microglia for pathogenic infection.
- Attachments : Graphic Abstract.png
- New Biology Faculty Photo
- posted 2020-03-25 19:29:21 by Admin
- Attachments : Faculty picture2.png Faculty picture3.png
- “Olfactory receptors in non-chemosensory tissues” in 한빛사
- posted 2020-03-21 16:24:12 by Admin
The “1st ectopic odorant receptor review paper” entitled with “Olfactory receptors in non-chemosensory tissues” was introduced in BRIC site “People who made Korea shine (한빛사)” due to over 120 citations. According to Google Scholar, the paper has 153 citations so far. The paper averages more than 20 citations per year.